In winter, when snow and roads become somewhat blocked by snow, many methods are implemented to help dissolve them and allow for easy packing. One of which is rock salt. You should also know you stand to gain a lot when you buy bulk rock salt. Aside from this, it has other uses which will be further outlined.
In this article, we will be discussing what bulk rock salt is, its benefits and its uses.
What is bulk rock salt?
This kind of salt is a low-cost chemical, almost 100% sodium chloride (NaCl), used in the melting of large areas or portions of snow and ice. This type of salt is very effective in defrosting or de-icing snow or ice. It is cost-effective. It is a white crystalline solid obtained from domal salt.
Its features include:
- Medium coarse particles allowing for easy spreading
- It has a melting range up to 17 degrees
- When applied on surfaces before winter, it prevents the accumulation of ice and snow on surfaces.
- They are treated with an anti-caking agent, allowing for consistency and easy spreading.
- Benefits of buying rock salt in bulk
- Saves cost. When you buy in large quantities, you can save cost and this is one of the main benefits of rock salt.
- You can beat the crowd and get what you need at the right time. People tend to hassle and rush when it gets snowy and it might become difficult for you to be able to stock it.
- You keep yourself safe by not going out in inclement and unfavourable weather. When it’s cold and snowing, the last thing anyone wants to do is step out. Buying in bulk will prevent that.
- You don’t have to worry about managing or skimping on your rock salt supply. Buying in bulk will curb that.
- By buying in bulk you know you are unaffected by the shortage.
The health benefits of rock salt include:
- It is very effective as a home remedy for digestive problems such as constipation, heartburn, bloating, stomach pain, etc. It helps remove toxins from the system and also improves appetite.
- It boosts metabolism and facilitates mineral and water absorption. It also helps to maintain the balance of electrolytes without affecting blood pressure.
- It is rich in vitamin K which would help in strengthening the bones and also boosts immunity.
- Helps in relieving muscle cramps mostly because it contains a pure form of sodium chloride. Rock salt helps to balance potassium deficiency, thereby preventing muscle cramps.
Other benefits include:
- Treatment of throat sores
- Blood pressure stabilization
- Stress relieving
- Promotes healthy skin and hair